If you are on a budget and want to go backpacking Thailand, then you have come to the right place as we will help you travel cheap when visiting Koh Samui. Backpackers all around the world prefer having a comfortable but affordable travelling experience.
Reasons for renting a car when backpacking Thailand
There are several reasons why you should rent a car when you are in Koh Samui while backpacking in Thailand. We found the following benefits of renting a car in Thailand:
• Being able to drive on your own when you are on a trip makes you feel independent and free, which makes the trip even more enjoyable than before.
• You won’t have to worry about carrying your luggage, bags or children from hotel to hotel or bus to another bus.
• You can quickly drive back to your hotel whenever you want to without having to worry about when the next bus would come or without having to figure out the multiple bus routes.
• Self-driving will save you from a lot of restrictions. You can stop the car anywhere you want to and click pictures or even rest for a little while.
• Other than all these reasons mentioned above for renting a car when backpacking Thailand, the most important reason is that it would help you save a lot of money. You will be paying just for a car whereas when you travel by bus or some other transportation, you would have to buy a ticket for all your family members each time along with their return tickets which can get expensive.
How to rent a car when backpacking Thailand
Are you wondering how to rent a car while backpacking in Koh Samui? Here are some tips that will help you in renting a car on Koh Samui when backpacking Thailand:
• Firstly, you will be offered two choices from which you have to select your rental car. Either you can go to a major car rental chain and get a comfortable car or a more expensive car, or you can visit a local independent shop and rent a car at a much cheaper rate. You can find many costly rental cars available at the airport. One thing good about the rental agencies is that you will get to choose your car from a more comprehensive selection whereas you will only find Suzuki 4X4s or Toyota cars in local independent shops.
• If you plan on visiting Koh Samui with kids then you don’t have to worry as some rental agencies and local independent shops would provide car seats for them so that you can enjoy your time.
• Pick your car according to your preferences and make sure that it has enough seats for you and your family members or friends.
• Make sure that the car has a license plate.
• Confirm the price from a few shops before renting a car to get a better rate.
• Make sure that the car is insured and sign a lease agreement.